3ZombieDogs and the other websites listed below regards the lawful and correct treatment of personal information as important to our successful operations and to the maintenance of confidence of those with whom we deal.
We will ensure that our staff and those acting on our behalf obtain, use and disclose personal information lawfully and correctly. To this end we fully endorse and adhere to the principles of data protection, as set out in the UK Data Protection Act 1998 (the ‘Act’).
In particular we will:
· Observe the conditions in the Act regarding the fair collection and use of personal information (please see below regarding personal information collected via our website)
· Meet our legal obligations to specify the purposes for which we process personal information
· Collect and process appropriate personal information, only to the extent that it is needed to fulfil our operational needs or to comply with any legal requirement
· Ensure the accuracy of any personal information kept by us
· Apply checks to determine the length of time personal information is held by us
· Ensure that the rights of people about whom personal information is held, are able to be exercised fully under the Act
· Take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard personal information
· Ascertain that personal information is not transferred outside the European Economic Area without suitable safeguards or agreement from the individual.
Collection of personal information
If we collect personal information via our website, prior to finally submitting any personal information to our website, we will endeavour to ensure that you are informed as to:
· The purpose for collecting the information
· What the information will be used for
· The identity of anyone else to whom the information will be given and what they will use it for
· How you can request copies of any personal information we hold on you.
Children (under 16)
· We do not ask children to disclose any more information than is reasonably necessary to enable them to participate in an activity on our websites and to improve the website
· We do not disclose personal information we have collected from children through the website to third parties without a good reason that will have been made clear at the time the information is collected
Types of information we collect from children
· Competition entries - first name, surname, school, age, email address. If a child wins we will then contact them to let them know they have won and ask them to supply a postal address so that we can send the prize. If we publish the winner's information on the website then as part of the entry procedure we will inform the entrant that the personal information will be published at the time of collection of the information. We would either publish first name, school and age or full name and age. We would never publish full name, school and age without permission from a parent/carer or teacher.
· e-newsletter - in order to send an e-newsletter we will collect first name, surname and email address.
· Photographs - we do not publish photographs of children on our websites eg from events, without written or email consent from a parent or carer.
External website links
Please note that where our website contains links to other websites, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites and this statement applies solely to any personal information collected by our website.
IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. We only use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer our website, track general user movements, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
· Improve your experience of our website by gathering statistics. We use Google Analytics to track how many individual unique users we have and how often they visit our websites. We collect data listing which of our pages are most frequently visited and by which types of users and from which countries.
· Remember your preferences when you register for services on the website.
· Store your functionality preferences eg your page display settings such as font size or page contrast.
You can turn cookies off but if you do this you may not be able to use all services on our websites. You will, however, still be able to view content.
· The copyright for content on this website is held by 3ZombieDogs, except for material provided by other organisations where copyright ownership is indicated
· The views expressed on this website are not necessarily those of 3ZombieDogs
· You may link to us from your site, as long as our site appears in its normal form, for example, it does not appear inside your own frameset or with any advertising
· 3ZombieDogs are not responsible for the content of external links.
· Our websites include the following and all rules, privacy, copyright, terms etc apply to these website use as well.Wee Derry.com, The Cruising Dead, Cruising Dead, The Cruising DeadS, 3ZombieDogs, Three Zombie Dogs, Derry Zombie Walk are all copyright and marks of The Cruising Dead Ltd. All notices on this website apply to all our websites listed.
Freedom of information
Since 2005, the Freedom of Information Act (FOI) has given anyone, from anywhere, the right to request any information held by us. It places a duty on us to provide that information unless there’s a very good reason, defined according to law, why we should not.
A key part of our culture is a commitment to openness and transparency, particularly in our dealings with people and organisations. We feel that by opening up more of our organisation to the world we can promote integrity and trust. We therefore take our responsibilities under Freedom of Information very seriously. We are committed to openness and transparency in our dealings with people and organisations.
Information we publish
The Freedom of Information Act requires us to make certain kinds of information routinely available to the public in an index of publications known as a publication scheme. We are working to make more information more easily accessible to the public in line with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you have feedback or suggestions regarding the types of information which you would like to see on our website please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Information on request
If you are unable to find the information you require on our website, you can make a request by e-mail directly to email@example.com You should provide a name and address for correspondence and a description of the information you would like to see.
Our historical records
Records of historical value are managed by us and are subject to the regulations of the Freedom of Information Act.
Cookies on 3ZombieDogs websites
Find out more about what cookies are, how 3ZombieDogs uses them and how you can switch them off.
What are cookies?
'Cookies' are small text files that are stored by the internet browser on your computer, mobile phone or tablet. Websites are able to read and write these files, allowing them to store such items as personalisation details, user preferences or to gather statistical information. They are used by 3ZombieDogsto help you navigate our websites efficiently and perform certain functions. They provide a memory for the website so that when you return to it the website can recognise you and respond appropriately eg by remembering your registration password or preferences for services and functionality. Each web domain can only access its own cookies but some web pages may contain elements from multiple web domains.
A visit to a page on a 3ZombieDogs site may generate the following types of cookie:
· Analytics cookies
· Registration cookies
· Shopping cookies
· Site display cookies
Every time a user visits one of the 3ZombieDogs websites, Google Analytics generates an anonymous analytics cookie, which enables us to gather statistical information about site use. These cookies can tell us whether or not you've visited the site before. Your browser will tell us if you have these cookies, and if you don't, we generate new ones. This allows us to track how many individual unique users we have, and how often they visit the site. These cookies are used for statistical purposes only. If you check to see which cookies you have you can identify the Google analytics ones as they begin with _ut
When you register for an online service with 3ZombieDogs we need to generate cookies that show whether you are signed in or not. 3ZombieDogs services that you might sign up for would be to access any password protected area of the site. Our sites use these cookies to work out which account you are signed in with, and if you are allowed access to a particular service. In most cases these types of cookies get deleted when you either close your browser or shut down your computer.
If you use the 3ZombieDogs shop then a cookie will be used to store which items you have placed in your shopping basket. The cookie follows as you move through the shopping pages so that the site can respond to any settings you may set. This cookie does not contain personal information. All the cookies used by the shop will be deleted when you close your browser.
Site display cookies
How do I turn cookies off?
Cookies help us improve the usability of our website and help us to provide you with a good service. They also enable you to register for password-protected areas of the sites. However, if you would like to turn them off you can do so by changing your internet browser options or preferences.
Turn cookies off using your Browser tool bar:
· Firefox - cookie settings in Firefox are managed in Tools: Options: Privacy. For more information please read the Cookie settings in Firefox help guide
· Internet Explorer - cookie settings in Internet Explorer are managed in Tools: Options: Security. For more information please read Cookie settings in Internet Explorer or select Help and then Cookies from your browser tool bar
· Chrome - cookie settings in Chrome are managed by selecting the wrench icon on the browser toolbar and then Settings: Under the Hood: Content settings in the Privacy section: Cookies. For more information please read Cookie settings in Chrome
· Safari -cookie settings in Safari are managed in Preferences: Security. For more information please read Cookie settings in Safari
The prizes and awards we run cover a wide range for both children and adults ranging from a single poem, short story to an achievement in literature.
3ZombieDogs Prizes and Awards promote books to a wide audience, bringing new books to attention and providing access points for readers to engage with different types of books. Our prizes support writers and illustrators, rewarding them for their endeavours, and celebrate books and writers as an integral part of the Northern Ireland and further afield arts and culture landscape.
Charitable declaration and Funding details. 3ZombieDogs publishing and Divad's books are a commercial business. This is our Charitable Declaration as a business.
We are commited to providing charities with 20% of our business profits on all books that we publish.
Our current charities that will receive contributions are: Main Charity: Stand Up To Cancer and Local Charity: In your Space Circus School
In the event that you want to donate direct to Stand Up To Cancer, but cant take part in our events, you can make a direct donation to Stand Up To Cancer via our justgiving donation only page: